2012 Pinot Noir - Vintner’s Reserve SOLD OUT
- 98 Points, Double Gold – 2016 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
The color is a bright scarlet-red, with expressive aromas of blackberry and black cherry. Deep flavors of summer raspberries, strawberry jam, blackberries, cinnamon, and a subtle hint of toffee. It is perfectly balanced with refreshing acidity, plush weight on the mid-palate and a wonderfully supple texture. The expansive fruit flavors carry through to a long, pure and persistent finish. Visually bright and stunning with rich mouth feel, gorgeous legs, fantastic balance, entices you to sip and savor with all of your favorite grilled fish, chicken, pork, or pasta. 9 months in 40% medium toast new French oak and only 114 cases produced.
Clark and Telephone
Clark & Telephone Vineyard is located near the corner of Clark Avenue and Telephone Road in the Santa Maria Valley. The area that this beautiful vineyard lays is cooled by the ongoing ocean breeze and fog that comes in from the Pacific Ocean.
In 1972, the Clark & Telephone Vineyard was planted “own root” to the Martini clone. This heirloom clone of Pinot Noir was one of the first to grace the California coastlands and to this day many have followed suit in the Santa Maria AVA.
This cool climate lends itself for longer ripening; longer-harvest and the end result are vines with complex fruit, perfect acidity and a flavor profile that can only be found in this part of the world. Dropping 30% of the fruit allows the vines to produce clusters that are small but filled with intense flavored berries, which yields dense, dark fruit and rich sweet holiday spice characteristics that this particular clone expresses.
- Founders Membership - Vintner's Choice (Quarterly) Learn More
- Founders Membership - Reds Only (Quarterly) Learn More
- Charter Membership - Vintner's Choice (Quarterly) Learn More
- Charter Membership - Red's Only (Quarterly) Learn More
- Silver - 2015 Pacific Rim International Wine Competition
- Double Gold, 98 points - 2016 SF Chronicle Wine Competition
- 90 points - 2015 California State Commercial Wine Competition
Download Wine Notes